Thursday, June 21, 2012

Marie-Antoinette Just Can't Catch a Break

Thursday, June 21, 2012


The Biggest Culture Shock:
French army men randomly walking around (always 3 together) at the museums, airport, or even sometimes on the metro with guns in hand, not stowed away on their belt. Apparently the French don't mess around... I would snap a picture but I'd rather not piss any of them off.

Person with the Best One Liners of the Trip:
Maddie Wolfe: "I saw a drunk girl dressed up as Marie-Antoinette in Athens this year for Halloween, walk right in front of the horse cops. They told her to get out of the way and she said, 'well, excuusee you!' ... she got arrested. I guess Marie-Antoinette just can't catch a break!" [quote from her at Café au Richard].
(Tied) Aly White: "Come on guys, it's always free to talk to Jesus" [Said this when we were discussing how we plan to go to different beautiful churches in the city each Sunday for mass, and someone asked if there was any kind of fee to get into Notre Dame]

Best French Conversation so Far:
Woman at Zara (a store we were browsing in before dinner today), came up to me and asked me in French, to help her choose between two shirts for un cadeau (a gift).
"Pour quel âge?" I asked her. [For what age?]
"Vignt ans" She replied [20 years old]
"Je pense que j'aime ça" I said as I pointed to the blue one. [I think I like that one]
"Oui, c'est plus simple. Merci!." She agreed. [Yes, it's more simple. Thank you!]
"De rien." [You're welcome]

No, thank you Madame for mistaking me for someone who is not American and making my day! But seriously!

First Cup of Coffee:

Café au lait at Café au Richard



Favorite Art Pieces at La Musee D'Orsay: 


Levy-Dhurmer Lucien (1865-1953), Portrait de Mlle Carlier ou La dame au turban
Favorite Pictures of the Day: (Couldn't Choose Just One)

On the balcony at Musée D'Orsay




Trying to sneakily get a picture of the adorable old french couple holding hands while resting at Musée D'Orsay, but instead just have an awkward picture of Katy and Danielle.. sorry guys!

View of the city from behind the clock tower.

View from the balcony of
Musée D'Orsay

More views from the balcony



No comments:

Post a Comment